Real estate is a fluid market that is frequently changing. Trends change with the season. Updates and renovations can be expensive, but there are ways to use your money wisely and see big returns. If you’re looking for a quick sale of your home this summer, think about these updates that buyers are currently looking for.
- Paint – 80% of the population are not visual. This means they won’t use their imagination to see the potential in the home. A fresh coat of paint in a neutral color will please buyers who are looking for a ready to move in home. Add a bright pop of color by painting the front door to make it stand out. If your door is beyond painting, replace it with a steel door for a 75-100% return on your investment.
- Curb Appeal -Be sure that your lawn is freshly mowed. Add another layer of mulch and make sure weeds are removed if you have an established garden. If you can’t add a garden, get some pots with plants to place stylishly around the porch.
- Update the Kitchen – Purchasing new stainless steel appliances will go a long way towards getting your home sold quickly. If your kitchen is outdated with wallpaper and a back splash from 2 decades ago, you will want to look into quick options to make them look updated. Tiles can be replaced or you may even be able to find tile covers for a cheaper way of making them more appealing.
- Update the Bathroom – Add fluffy towels, a new rug and shower curtain. Clear the clutter since buyers don’t want to see your grooming products and it will make the space look bigger. Paint or replace the vanity, hardware and lighting fixtures to make the room bright and look refreshed.
- Replace the Bedding – going with something as simple as a bed-in-a-bag will give a fresh, updated look to the room. Be sure all your bedrooms are turned back into bedrooms since multi-purpose rooms tend to confuse buyers. The more they can imagine their life in the house, the more likely they are to make an offer.
- Watch the Window Treatments – Outdated window treatments can make a whole house seem drab. Be sure that you are letting enough light in, since natural lighting is a must for today’s buyers. Opt for window treatments that will frame the windows, but not cover them.
- Stage the Backyard – Summer buyers want to enjoy the outdoor life. If you don’t have an outdoor seating option, look into buying or borrowing one. Put up an umbrella for shade and set the table for outdoor dining. Be sure that you have freshly mowed the lawn.
Summer is a hot time to be on the market. A home following these trends are likely to get sold fast. For more tips and tricks or to get a free, personal consultation, call Helen today at 847.967.0022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.